Introduction to Cause Blogging Series
This series is for anyone interested in promoting an idea or non-commercial message via blogs. Nonprofits, volunteers, activists and collectively who I call “cause enthusiasts” can all find many benefits in blogging.
Part 1: What is a blog?
- A basic definition
- A brief history of blogging
- Blogging today
- Types of blogs
Part 2: Who are cause bloggers?
- Nonprofit organizations
- Associations or coalitions
- Government or political
- Everyday advocates
Part 3: What are the benefits of cause blogging?
- Information and Advocacy
- Website traffic
- Building relationships
Part 4: How can blogging get results?
- Goal setting
- Tracking goals
- Measuring return on investment
- Short and long term achievements
- Improving results with focused blasts
Part 5: How do I set up a blog?
- Choosing a website name (domain)
- Getting a webhost
- Setting up a blog on WordPress